The result of its latest new product development programme completes the company’s offer in the wiring accessories category – bringing to market a comprehensive Consumer Unit and Circuit Protection range.
A leading player in the UK wiring accessories market, Scolmore is continually looking at ways to improve and develop its existing product offer, and to explore new areas for expansion.
Marketed under the name ‘Elucian by Click’, the official launch follows months of extensive research and consultation with contractors and installers to come up with a range of products that best suits their requirements and that are compliant with all the latest regulations. It means that wholesalers and installers now have access to a one-stop shop for everything wiring accessories related from one of the industry’s most trusted and reliable brands, and Scolmore has made a significant investment to ensure that stock levels of the new products are high to meet the anticipated demand.
Designed with the installer in mind, Elucian is an extensive range of metal consumer units that will cover a broad range of installations and offers a number of features and benefits that will enhance the products’ convenience, flexibility and safety properties.
Consumer unit range
The consumer unit collection comprises a total of 58 individual lines which fall under five main product groups:
- 100A Mains Switch Consumer Unit.
- Dual RCCB Consumer Unit – 100A Mains Switch + 2 x 80A Type A RCCB.
- Dual RCCB/SPD Consumer Unit – 100A Mains Switch + 2 x 80A RCCB + 2 Pole SPD.
- Combination Unit – 100A Mains Switch + 2 x 80A RCCB.
- RCD Incomer – Mini Board – RCD.
Scolmore has highlighted some of the key features that the company believes will make these units stand out in the marketplace:
- Non-Combustible Enclosures – to ensure compliance against the third amendment added to the BS 7671 Wiring regulations in 2015 requiring consumer units and similar switchgear assemblies in domestic premises to have a non-combustible enclosure.
- Mains Switch Tail Clamp – for added stress relief to ensure the Mains Tails terminations do not come loose and to help fix the Mains Switch Isolator more securely to prevent any rocking or movement.
- Knockouts – a wide range of 40mm, 32mm, 25mm and 20mm knockouts making each board universally adaptable for all installation and cable types.
- Rear Knockouts – for easy removal and to provide ample cabling capacity for any installation type.
- Earth and Neutral Bar Configuration – to allow for best practice installation of each board type, neatness of connections and ease of circuit identification.
- Backed off Neutral and Earth Bar Screws – for added convenience and to allow quick and easy termination.
- Keyway Din Rail – a fast release Keyway Din Rail allows for ease of installation.
- MCB style solid blanks for any unused ways – Din Rail mountable and can only be removed when the cover is removed, for added safety.
Circuit protection range
The Elucian Circuit Protection Range comprises Mains Isolator Switches, RCCBs, SPDs, MCBs, RCBOs and blank modules:
- 2 Pole 100A Mains Isolator Switch.
- Type A 2 Pole 30mA RCCBs (63A, 80A and 100A) .
- Type 2, 2 Pole 40kA SPD available in 275Uc (V~).
- 1 Pole, True 6kA B Curve & C Curve MCBs.
- Compact Type A 1 Pole + Neutral True 6kA B Curve & C Curve 30mA RCBOs.
- A single way Din Rail Blank module.
To watch a short video detailing its specifications, click here.
Click here to visit the Scolmore website.